- Steve Lanning started his business coaching career in the 1970’s with a focus on helping service professionals market themselves — a real passion of his to this day. Over the years, he’s coached and trained more than 175 varieties of business coaches and consultants and has earned $1,500 an hour for giving talks to groups like the National Association of Packaging Consultants.
- As he fell more in love with business coaching, Steve became convinced of the massive impact it was having on his clients and decided to create a movement. He started publishing the Consulting Opportunities Journal from his office in Washington, DC which went to over 37,000 independent consulting and coaching professionals in 6 countries!
- Steve was on a roll and couldn’t be stopped. In the mid-1990s, he and a partner formed the National Association of Business Coaches (NABC) around the same time the International Coach Federation (ICF) was formed. A decade later, he and his partners cashed out and sold the NABC, which has since grown into the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches, one of the most respected international federations of business coaches on the planet.
- In 2015, Steve offered to come out of retirement and joined the mission of Coaches’ Coach — to help us help business coaches like you as our Director of Client Services. Steve is convinced that Coaches’ Coach is, hands down, the finest MBA-level education for business coaches on the planet and so he wants to do everything he can to help you get leverage from what you’ve already learned from our approach.
Here’s what some of our members have been saying about Steve:
- “Steve, I have enjoyed knowing you and working with you. You were of great help when I was getting started with Coaches’ Coach by pointing me to the right areas and helping me navigate through the resources. I appreciate your fast response. Whenever I have a question or issue, you go a step beyond and connect me to other coaches with expertise who graciously share their experiences and help me make my decisions. Thanks for all your enthusiasm and help!” — Ganesh Tayi, Business Coach, Washington D.C., USA
- “Steve Lanning has continuously been a hugely valuable inspiration and source of wise business advice to me working as a business coach in Sweden. Steve is a relentless supporter and mentor in times of self-doubt and tough situations. This I admire tremendously and I am so grateful for.” — Urban Joelsson, Business Coach, Sweden
- “Steve has an amazing way of keeping me motivated towards my goals as a new business coach. He is always positive with an upbeat personality. As a realist, I greatly appreciate his stories that relate to my new adventures in business coaching.” — Kathy Costa, Business Coach, Florida, USA
- “Steve Lanning has been such an encouragement to me when I started my coaching practice. He always is positive and goes above and beyond to help me stay targeted and on track. You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who has the experience and enthusiasm that Steve has. Just one conversation with Steve will help put you on the right path to making decisions about your coaching career.” — Kae Wagner, Business Coach, Pennsylvania, USA