If you want to become a business coach, one of the most important things you can do is to start a lifetime love affair with learning. And you don’t have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to do it. You can head over to Amazon or even take a trip to your local library. That’s because one of the first things I tell coaches who are starting out is to ask for book recommendations for beginning business coaches from entrepreneurs and coaches they trust.
You can shortcut months and even years of struggle and heartache by learning from people who have been there, done that–and done it well.
If you want to succeed as a business coach, it’s up to you to invest in your continuing education–and the reprogramming of your thought patterns. This can be difficult, even painful. But since your results are only as good as the thoughts in your head, the more energy you invest to tighten your thinking, the better off you’ll be.
Since your results are only as good as the thoughts in your head, the more energy you invest to tighten your thinking, the better off you'll be.
To this day, I read voraciously on business leadership, management, investing, and economics. And not just business-related information. I know that in order to be the most effective and well-rounded person I can be, I have to learn from the best in all fields. So I study politics, real estate, theology, philosophy, and spirituality, too.
Here are fourteen of the most influential books I’ve read–and where I’d recommend you start on your journey.
14 Book Recommendations for Beginning Business Coaches
- E-Myth Revisted, Michael Gerber
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki
- The Ultimate Sales Machine, Chet Holmes
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits, Verne Harnish
- Instant Cash Flow, Brad Sugars
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield
- Guerilla Marketing 101, Jay Conrad Levinson
- The Flip Side, Flip Flippen
- E-Myth Mastery, Michael Gerber
- The Richest Man in Babylon, George S. Clason
- Cash Flow Quadrant, Robert Kiyosaki
- Unlimited Wealth, Paul Zane Pilzer
- God Wants You to be Rich, Paul Zane Pilzer
- Test Advertising Methods, John Caples
As a bonus, might I suggest one more for your list? Our FREE ebook, How to Become a Business Coach. The books I’ve listed above will help you get your mind right…and How to Become a Business Coach will help you discover the actionable steps and strategies you can take to begin building your business coaching practice.